Why Does Certification Matter So Much?
Certification as an LGBT Business Enterprise® gives your business the opportunity to compete for sourcing contracts with the NGLCC's Corporate Supplier Diversity Partners. These Corporate Partners are committed to creating a diverse supply chain that is inclusive of LGBT businesses, and have targeted amounts for spending with diverse business enterprises. Getting your business certified is a necessary element of gaining access to these millions of corporate dollars, and also includes these additional benefits:
- National recognition by America's top corporations as a certified LGBT Business Enterprise
- Eligibility to exhibit at the annual NGLCC Business and Leadership Conference, as well as at regional events
- Automatic inclusion in the NGLCC's online searchable database of certified businesses, which is accessible by NGLCC Corporate Partners
- Use of the NGLCC Certified Business logo on your marketing materials, which identifies your business as a certified LGBT Business Enterprise through the NGLCC to the NGLCC's national network
- Eligibility to receive sourcing opportunities e-mails from the NGLCC and its Corporate Partners
- Eligibility to participate in mentorship programs, leadership trainings, and scholarship opportunities presented by NGLCC Corporate Partners
How Do I Get Started?
Certification as a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and/or Transgender owned Business Enterprise (LGBTBE) through the NGLCC Supplier Diversity Initiative (SDI) gives your business greater opportunities to develop and reach new potential clients.
Refer to the Steps to Certification page on the NGLCC website page for links and info.
Certification can be completed in four easy steps!
- Complete the online application form
- Send Supporting Documentation to the NGLCC
- Host a Site Visit
- National Certification Committee review